nüvi 3590LMT is part of Garmin's flagship collection of premium navigators. With stunning ultra-sleek design and dazzling 5-inch display, Live Ready capabilities and our new lightning-fast Guidance 3 navigation engine, nüvi 3590LMT is swift to operate, quick to calculate and reliable to navigate. Other premium Garmin features inside include 3D traffic, lifetime maps, our unique Cyclops speed cameras and Bluetooth hands-free calling.
Packed with Premium Navigation Features
Powered by Guidance 3
The Guidance 3 premium navigation engine offers significant benefits including notably faster route calculations so you can get going much quicker. It provides a faster, more intuitive user interface as well as more accurate searches.
It also includes Garmin's innovative Bird's Eye junction view which gives an overhead perspective of the correct lane to be in when approaching complex junctions. This is particularly useful in areas that require multiple manoeuvres.
Other useful features include Automatic Orientation whereby nüvi will adjust the display depending on whether it is in portrait or landscape position and the ability to 'pinch and zoom'. Guidance 3 also offers 3D terrain, buildings and landmarks to show a realistic image of the road ahead.
Add live real-time information via Smartphone Link
nüvi 3590LMT is also 'Live Ready' - via Garmin Smartphone Link - an Android app which provides live services to the sat nav. Smartphone Link creates a seamless navigation experience between the nüvi and your Android mobile phone to communicate and share data. Among other functionalities, this lets you add live services to your sat nav such as 3D Live Traffic which provides real-time information to help you navigate in and around traffic problems. 3D Live Traffic updates every two minutes with 2000 messages including details of traffic incidents, road conditions and delays. There is 99% coverage of traffic flow data on all major motorways as well as A and B roads making it. 3D Live traffic gives you the best all-round view of the traffic situation at any given moment – it is fast, reliable and accurate.
Your understanding of the traffic conditions is further enhanced by PhotoLive traffic cameras, which can be called up on demand for a real-time view of your route from the traffic cameras.
Smartphone Link also enhances Garmin's standard safety camera alerts with Speedwatch data, which provides real-time updates for fixed, temporary and average speed cameras, mobile zones and red light cameras together with "crowd-sourced" mobile speed traps reported by Speedwatch customers.
Delivering content via your smartphone's mobile data plan, Smartphone Link also provides live weather, parking and fuel prices.
Avoid traffic tie-ups
To keep drivers moving, the nüvi 3590LMT includes subscription-free 3D traffic for the lifetime of the product.
Delivered via traditional RDS-TMC, the service combines trafficTrends™ historic route data together with information on the current traffic situation to identify congestion and incidents on your planned journey. An astonishing 80 million sources are used to understand what's happening on the roads, with comprehensive coverage of motorways and A roads across the UK and Europe. If there are queues, you'll be offered an alternative route to avoid any delay.
Add our 3D Live Traffic via Smartphone Link for more detailed and extended traffic coverage updated every two minutes.
FREE lifetime traffic updates may not be transferred to another person or another Garmin product. Lifetime traffic extends for the useful life of your Garmin traffic receiver (as long as you own a compatible Garmin GPS) or as long as Garmin receives traffic data from its traffic supplier, whichever is shorter. Traffic content not available for all areas. See www.garmin.co.uk/traffic
Free Map Updates for Life
With nüvi 3590LMT, you can drive reassured you've always got the most up to date maps, points of interest and navigation information on board. The very latest maps are available to download up to four times a year with no subscription or update fees.
Hands-free for safer driving
nüvi 3590LMT combines a responsive high-resolution 5-inch glass touchscreen with Garmin's innovative voice-activated navigation so you can choose how you want to control it. Simply wake up the sat nav using your customised voice command and speak the menu options on the screen for totally touch-free navigation.
With built-in Bluetooth wireless technology, you can sync with your compatible mobile phone for hands-free phone calling and even access your phone book and call history via the sat nav – no need to look at, touch or even find your phone. Garmin's SafeTexting even speaks your text messages, eliminating another risk of distraction.
Know the lane before it's too late
Avoid confusion at tricky exits and junctions. nüvi 3590LMT's Lane Assist with PhotoReal Junction View shows the lane you need to be in at upcoming major junctions and exits with incredible detail of your surroundings right down to the trees, bridges and pylons. From a mile before the junction, the sat nav enters split screen mode to show your position on the map alongside a realistic depiction of your upcoming manoeuvre, with accurately reproduced road signs for confident navigation and reassurance you're on track.
Go Beyond Navigation
Keep an eye on the latest speed cameras
Garmin nüvi sat navs contain our unique Cyclops speed camera system, for real-time, direction-relevant and accurate alerts.
To enhance your built-in speed cameras upgrade the service via Smartphone Link
Find fuel-efficient routes
Garmin's ecoRoute fuel-saver technology finds the most fuel-efficient route to a destination, helping drivers save money while being kinder on the environment. The innovative feature tracks fuel usage and calculates the cost of a journey as well as enabling accurate expense reporting.
Save even more money by knowing where to get the cheapest fuel by upgrading to Smartphone Link. You'll be able to see fuel prices for yourself, how far away the petrol station is, and be directed there.
Smart mount system
nüvi 3590LMT is even more convenient to use. It has a "smart" mount, to provide a constant power source and it automatically powers on and off with the vehicle engine. An extra speaker in the mount provides a volume boost if you need it. When the sat nav is removed from the mount, nüvi automatically marks your parked position and it finds the nearest parking to your location for the ultimate convenience.
Physical & Performance
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 5.4"W x 3.4"H x 0.5"D (13.8 x 8.7 x 1.3 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 4.4"W x 2.5"H (11.1 x 6.3 cm); 5" diag (12.7 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 800 x 480 pixels
- Display type: multi-touch, glass, dual-orientation, WVGA colour TFT with white backlight
- Weight: 7.2 ounces (203 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 4 hours
- High-sensitivity receiver
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded street maps
- Includes lifetime map updates
- nüMaps Guarantee
- 3-D terrain view
- 3-D buildings and landmarks view
- Built-in memory
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
- Routes: 100
Features & Benefits
- Drive stress-free. Save time and money.
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft.")
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.")
- Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands)
- Traffic compatible (routes around traffic with a receiver and subscription)
- Lifetime traffic updates (receive free lifetime traffic updates)
- Lane assist (guides to proper lane for navigation)
- Junction view (displays junction signs)
- myTrends™ (predicts your routes)
- trafficTrends™ (calculates routes based on predicted traffic flow)
- ecoRoute™ (calculates a more fuel-efficient route): purchased separately
- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route)
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.)
Navigate safely and easily.
- Bluetooth® wireless technology (includes Safe Texting)
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe)
- Where Am I? (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection)
- Garmin Locate™ (marks position when removed from windshield mount)
- Enhanced pedestrian navigation (guides you as you walk around town)
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos)
- Exit services (tells you approaching services on highway)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
- World travel clock, currency & unit converter, calculator
- Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout)
- Alarm clock
Enjoy the drive and customize.
- Garmin Garage™ vehicles compatible (download car-shaped icons to your device)
- Garmin Garage™ voices compatible (download custom voices to your device)
- Picture viewer
- Audio book player
Featuring Garmin Guidance 3.0, our most advanced navigation engine.
This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.